Monday, September 3, 2007

North Logan City News

I got this newsletter today, so I thought I'd let you know what's going on in NLC.

1. Community preparedness exercises Sept 5 and Sept 19. Features: a table top exercise a day long disaster exercise involving the entire community, a calling tree organized by the LDS church.
Seriously? A calling tree? Organized by the church? I have two feelings at the same time. That's so small town cool. The other is does the LDS church have my cell number? I doubt it and I plan to keep it that way. In the event of a North Logan City disaster, I am sooo screwed.

2. Banned Books Week. That's a direct quote. It's Sept 29-Oct 6. Now I was pretty intrigued when I read that. It turns out that the event is to celebrate "our freedom to read". ??? It's actually an event developed by the American Library Association that encourages the reading of commonly banned books. I think I'll bring along a copy of And Tango Makes Three for the kids.

3. Two meetings of the City Council this month, Sept 6 (also a Planning Commission meeting for the County) and Sept 20th. Issues: new subdividisions, the Mixed Use Zone's interaction with the city center initiative, road changes.

4. Planning for the annual Pumpkin Walk Oct 18th- Oct 23rd.

5. Directions on how to earn points toward being a Super Citizen. This month NLC super citizens are getting involved in disaster preparedness by creating their 72 hour kit and participating in the local exercises.
Super Citizens are collecting points to earn a SUPER CITIZEN AWARD!!!!! You can participate from now until July 2008. I'm sort of tempted to participate.
Do you think I could be a North Logan Super Citizen?

1 comment:

georgia said...

The joys of a small town! Super Star!