Monday, May 12, 2008

Adventures of Mudpuppy

A couple of weeks ago I bought a bike. I mostly got it so I could bike to work and around town. But if I was going to sink money into a bike, I thought I might as well get something that I could use for recreation too.


So I went down to the Joy Ride and got myself Mudpuppy. He's a Scott Aspect 60. Here's him earning his name on Temple Fork (not quite ready for riding as of May 3). For those not from Utah, there is a fifth season between Winter and Spring called mudseason. I had mud on every part of my body after this ride -- helmet, back, eyeglasses, even in my shorts somehow.













Mudpuppy's other adventures.

Jardine Juniper - May 3 Mudpuppy was so exicted about this ride. He made it about 515 feet. I knew we weren't going to make it when I got of the car and had this view.



Bonneville Shoreline Trail April 26 - before the mud.



Green Canyon May 11






Here's a good list of mountain bike trails in the Logan area; unfortunately a lot of the details aren't filled in: http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/wcnf/unit/logan/recreation/logan-mountain-biking

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You are so brave! Mountain biking terrifies me to the nth degree! I'd rather ride with the RVs and dump trucks. It does look like fun, though.