Monday, July 23, 2007

Tomato Plants

On my first trip to Walmart after signing the lease on my new apartment, I expected to be overwelmed with the realization that there was so much that I needed to buy. Walmart has that effect. It didn't happen.

Instead, I couldn't think of anything that I really needed. What I ended up with were a couple of tomato plants. You just can't beat fresh garden grown tomaotes. I bought a couple of grocery tomatoes to hold me over, but was confident that soon I would be eating my own.

Bah! There were rows and rows of tomato plants in the Walmart garden section and not one sign that said, "If you don't have a green house, don't bother." At first I thought I was doing well, I very quickly got little green fruits.

One month later...that's still what I have lots of little green fruits - on the one plant that is producing anything. They won't grow bigger than 1.5" diameter and they won't turn red. I"m on the lookout for a fried green mini tomato recipe.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I knew I should have gotten some cactus.

No comments: