Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Beer

The big story this week in Cache Valley is the sale of beer at the Nibley Maverick on Sundays. It turns out that Nibley (town south of Logan) just doesn't have a law against it. There is discussion of expanding beer sales to other cities in the Valley and Nibley may decide to write an ordinance prohibiting Sunday beer. So, get it while it's hot.

BTW, Mickey did a post on the liquor laws. Seems to be consistent with what I've learned. I think he left out the bit about 1oz of liquor limit in cocktails. Or maybe that's myth.

The next challenge, the skinny on how drinks change by venue. E.g. the Corona at Chili's is standard. At Et Toro, it's 3.2, but the Negro Modelo is standard. Everything at the White Owl is under 4%. I'm not sure I got that right, but I'm coming to understand that it's a little more complicated than I thought at first.

No comments: