Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fire Update

Yesterday the Logan Newcomers went on a short hike on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, starting at Dry Canyon. We walked to the area where the fire was last week. The area was black and charred, but it was less dramatic than I expected. I guess that's because its surrounded by yellow grass. The burned areas almost blend in.


Tire tracks through the fire scar
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The edge of the fire scar
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kerry and I in the burnt tree arbor with Snook and Abbey
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The newcomers are pretty nice. The people that started the group aren't completely new, so they have lots of useful information. They're also pretty energetic trying to get people involved. It's all quite nice. I can't participate int the events for the next couple of weekends, but I'm going to keep trying to go to the weekday events.

I guess I can't next week. I'm going to Lake Powell. Oh Drats!

1 comment:

georgia said...

What I'm about to say next I say with the greatest love and admiration for you: You Beyotch. Lake Powell looks freaking AMAZING!!! Talk about living some life. People thought you were a little loopy for moving to UTAH but LOOK AT THAT PLACE. You always were the smart cookie :)

Snook and Abbey look pretty awesome too :)