Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring on the Way

Poll from the Herald Journal:


For people out of Logan, it's 33F right now. The high yesterday was 49. Yesterday I noticed that our apartment pool has opened up once again. There were kids with water wings running around. I usually don't swim before it's 80 outside.
As spring approaches, I keep putting away my heavy winter coat thinking - see you next year. But it keeps coming back out of the closet. I am surprised with 30 or 40 seems cold. Two months ago a 30 degree day felt hot. Perhaps in another winter, I'll be hardened to swim at 50 and join the early flip flop crowd.
Indications of spring: snow melted in most yards in the valley, green grass in many lawns, hyacynth are blooming, other bulb plants are poking their heads out

1 comment:

georgia said...

Swimming?!?! Already? Those Utah peeps are hardcore!